Friday, June 27, 2014

First Ultrasound, First OB Appointment and a Darn Cute Announcement

Yesterday was an exciting day to say the least. We had a lot going on and it was a day I looked forward to for almost a month. It was the day we would see our baby on the ultrasound for the first time, and also have our first OB appointment. 
We got up super early, 4AM. My appointment for my ultrasound was at 5AM. I got up and showered and then got Bryelle's things ready to go so we could drop her off with my friend Jessica. At about 4:30 we finally left the house and drove around the corner to drop off Bryelle. Then we were headed to the hospital. It kind of felt like we were going to the hospital to deliver the baby, being so early in the morning, but I can assure you that is not for a very long time from now. 
We arrived at the hospital around 4:45 and headed to radiology. We checked in and had a seat in the waiting room for which felt like an eternity seeing as I had an extremely full bladder. But we were finally called back about 10 minutes later. 
The exam was thorough yet quick. The ultrasound tech measured everything and told us that baby measured 3.8cm. She told us that the baby was measuring a little big, 10wks and 6days, and I was only 10wks and 4days. She said the heart rate was 174 beats per minute which was good. At first the baby was just snoozing so he/she wasn't really moving around at all. But then it started waving it's arms around and kicking it's little legs. It was so cute and definitely a sight to see. It was beautiful. It even opened it's mouth a couple of times and had a couple of hiccups. That concluded our ultrasound appointment. We picked up Bryelle and her and I went back to bed while daddy had to go to work. 
Later that day, we had our first OB appointment. It was with our midwife that we saw with Bryelle and we were both extatic to see each other. When we got in the exam room and sat down, she told me some disappointing news. She told me that she was leaving and that her last day was Monday. I was so sad. I had looked forward to her being the one I saw my whole pregnancy and delivering the baby. But she did recommend my second choice so I felt a little better. 
She told me all of my bloodwork looked good. She said my blood count was amazing. My weight had only gone up by 1.3lbs in a month so that is good. She did the exam and then did a short ultrasound so that Bryelle could see her little baby brother or sister. It was neat. :) She also told me that I didn't have to do the glucose test since I know how to monitor myself for gestational diabetes so that was good because that test is not fun at all. She sent me off with some Zofran for nausea and slipped me her phone number and told me that she wants to know what I end up having. I think I will update her during my pregnancy. She is such a sweet lady and I'm definitely going to miss her and still super sad that we won't be seeing her for the pregnancy. My next appointment is July 22nd with the other lady and while I can't say I'm as excited as I was with my other midwife, I'm still happy that I know I will be in good hands. 
When we got home from the appointment I decided to get everything ready to take a picture of Bryelle for the announcement. It took a few tries of writing on the chalkboard but I finally got it right. We went out to the backyard and set things up and I took a few photos. I had to be quick because Bryelle was restless. When I got back in to load them on the computer it took forever. I finally got them uploaded and cropped and then was able to share them on my Facebook page. The amount of love we got from our announcement was just amazing. We feel so blessed to have each and every one of you in our lives. I hope you are enjoying my pregnancy story so far. :) Goodbye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment