Thursday, August 14, 2014

Four Finger-Pricks a Day, For Seven Days

In my last entry, I told you that I would be having to check my blood sugar for a week to make sure that I do not have gestational diabetes. That started today. So far I have had to check it three times and so far its been good. I am not sure why they are having me check it so early on in my pregnancy. Normally when they check for gestational diabetes its between 26-28 weeks, I believe. Maybe since I have already had it, they wanted to check sooner. Either way, I just hope that if all goes well for this coming week, I will be cleared and not have to be on that strict diet I was on with Bryelle. Not that I would really mind, I got to eat pretty much the same foods. I just had to limit the amounts that I ate if it was something with high carbs, which in turn made it almost not worth it at times.
Anyways, my first reading this morning was a little weird... It was 78, and I thought that was kind of low considering I ate a good amount of tortilla chips last night. So I tested again right after and it said 92, and then again and it said 90. So I am really not sure what number is the right one but I guess it will be fine... Then, two hours after I ate breakfast I tested again and it was 88. Two hours after lunch it was 92. These are all really good readings... In order for me to not be considered to have gestational diabetes, my fasting levels have to be 90 or below, and my levels two hours after a meal need to be below 120. So far I am doing really well. I just hope this keeps up through the weekend and the rest of the week. Normally people tend to consume more carbs over the weekend... At least I know I do.
Well, that is just a little update on what I have to do this week. Cannot believe that in a week we will hopefully find out if this is a baby boy or baby girl, and that in three days I will be 18 weeks along! Crazy how fast time is flying by. I am getting nervous for labor already and I still have a ways to go!
Well, that is all for now! Enjoy the rest of your week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment