Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Week 5

      Welcome to Week 5 of my pregnancy journey with Baby Nichelson #2.  So far I don't have too many symptoms, but just enough to confirm in my mind that I am truly indeed pregnant. It still seems so surreal to me. Our first daughter Bryelle was planned and while we were still shocked to find out we were pregnant with her, we had at least somewhat expected it. With this baby, I really had no clue that it would happen. We had planned to start trying the end of September after my sisters wedding, as I am the Matron of Honor and have already purchased my dress. I am hoping it will fit!
      It is day 2 of Week 5 and I feel exhausted. I haven't had any food aversions yet, nor cravings but I am sure they are coming soon. No morning sickness yet, although I do have a butterflies-in-the-stomach feeling. I still have a low back ache and stiffness in my lower back. Cramping comes and goes too, and I feel a fullness in my uterus. Looking back on my pregnancy with my first child, my morning sickness started at the end of the 5th week. I am praying that I get a little bit longer before it starts with this one, or at least that I don't get it as bad. Only time will tell! I think I am going to have weekly questions that I will answer about my pregnancy, as well as monthly questions. I wanted to buy a pregnancy journal, but I decided that I will just blog about this pregnancy instead. I couldn't find a journal that I liked...

How I am Feeling: Physically I am exhausted! Mentally, I am anxious for my appointment next week, overwhelmed about adding a new addition to the family.

I found out I was pregnant on Thursday May 15, 2014.
I was at home when I found out.
I was in shock because we hadn't been planning to have a baby for a while.
My husband was shocked also, but he said he had a feeling I was pregnant.
How I told him was by showing him the test and telling him I was pregnant.
We told our immediate family members and a couple of friends so far.

I weigh 143 pounds. My goal is to only gain between 15-25 pounds during this pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment