Monday, May 19, 2014

That Blue Plus Sign

      I am really excited to start this blog, and really hoping that I can keep up with it and document everything in a timely manner. I am overwhelmed with the idea of going from one to two kids but I am also very overjoyed that I will become a mommy again and that I will make my daughter a big sister. 
      It all began on Tuesday May 13th, 2014.  I woke up extremely tired and I believe I drank two cups of coffee that day. I was still dragging all throughout the day, but I blamed it on not sleeping much the night before, plus I watch two young children and run around after my own daughter so I thought maybe the combination of that and lack of sleep was catching up to me. 
      The following day, I woke up with a really bad ache in my lower back. I knew I hadn't been drinking enough water so I contributed the pain to that and thought that maybe I was getting a kidney infection or UTI. I was talking with a friend later that day and she jokingly said "Maybe your back hurts because you are pregnant?" "Yeah right..." I thought to myself. There was NO way. Or was there?  I kind of shrugged it off, but then just out of curiosity I decided to check out my pregnancy journal from when I was pregnant with Bryelle and see what kind of symptoms I had back then. 

      Week 4 Day 6: My lower back hurts today. Went to the urgent care clinic and got a pregnancy test and will be referred to the OB on post soon. Slight cramping and breast tenderness. Very emotional.

      That journal entry really got me thinking... I had been cramping but I contributed it to my period starting in a couple of days. My breasts were feeling tender, and that was weird because they hadn't felt that way since I was pregnant with Bryelle. Maybe I WAS pregnant. There was only one way to find out, but I wanted to try and wait it out a little bit longer.
      The next day, Thursday May 15th, my back hurt even more than the day before. I drank a ton of water thinking that it would help, but to no avail, my back still hurt. I was also feeling a lot more crampy than I did the past couple of days. Also, while making dinner that night, I got a little queasy at the sight and smell of the beef cooking for lentil soup... So, I finally decided that night that I would get a pregnancy test so I could rule out pregnancy and get myself the help that I really needed to start feeling better. 
      What happened that night was complete deja vu. I took the test, and there it was... I immediately saw the plus sign and thought to myself "No way."  Then, I went to tell my husband. As I was walking through the bathroom door, he was walking into the bedroom door towards me. "Well?" he said. "I'm pregnant!" I told him.  He told me he had a feeling that I was.  We hugged for what seemed like forever and when we parted, we were both shaking. I had so many things going through my mind at that moment, but I was excited to tell my family. I called each immediate family member one by one and told them all the great news. 
      According to the first day of my last period, I was 4 weeks and 5 days pregnant when I took the pregnancy test. We have our registration appointment on May 28, 2014. :)      




No comments:

Post a Comment